It is crucial to be prepared in the event of a hurricane.
Some helpful tips:
- Make a plan for you and your family.
- Follow evacuation guidelines. Know where emergency shelters are located.
- Take photos of all belongings and important documents for your records. Email them to yourself or save them to cloud storage so you can easily access them later.
- Keep up to date on the latest warnings and track of the storm.
- Know your local emergency contact information.
A full list of items for hurricane preparedness is included on the National Hurricane Center website.